Friday, July 9, 2010

A Mahi recipe


Justin caught all that Mahi Mahi fish, so we have it all in our deep freezer. I only started eating Tilapia about 1.5 years ago, and this fish that Justin caught is my second fish to like. The way he prepped it for freezing worked, cause it didn't get fishy!

Mahi Mahi Lettuce Wraps
by Paula Deen of the FoodNetwork

Ingredients
1 mango, diced (I used a couple pieces of fresh pineapple)
2 plum tomatoes, diced (I just used two regular tomatoes from my garden)
1 red onion, diced
6 (jarred) jalapeno rings, diced
3 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves (I left this ingred. out)
2 limes, juiced (I used 1 lime)
Salt and pepper
2 mahi mahi fillets (I used 5 fillets)
Olive oil, as needed
Lettuce leaves (recommended butter or romaine)

Directions
Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat, or preheat the broiler. Saute the onions until soft but not brown.
Combine the mango/pineapple, tomatoes, jalapeno, cilantro and lime juice in a medium mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper. Season the fish with salt and pepper and brush with olive oil. Grill or broil for roughly 3 to 4 minutes per side, until just opaque in the center. Set aside to cool.

When slightly cool, chop into large chunks. Add to the reserved salsa and fold carefully as to not break up the fish. Add mixture to the middle of the lettuce leaves and roll.

Even Justin liked all these flavors, especially the pineapple in the salsa mixture! Clara downed tons of the fish. :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment