Sunday, August 28, 2011

Absence makes the heart grow fonder...

I miss my dear friends, Blake & Annie Roof. Annie and I were friends and roommates at Messiah College, and I haven't seen her since her daughter, Missy, was born three years ago! Anyhow, along with our youngest children, Jack (May) and Lily (June), Blake and Annie suggested we eat on the deck on the Chesapeake canal. The babies were angels, and the four of us had wonderful conversation. Justin and Blake got along well and found they have a lot of the same interests. Being with Annie felt like we were back in school together (except we're wives and moms now). It was a refreshing night for all of us.

I'm certainly feeling their absence now that we are separated again from Delaware to North Carolina.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment