Thursday, August 13, 2009

A family of FOUR!

We did not realize yesterday that we'd have our SECOND DAUGHTER today! Izzy was born 5 days early, and our second baby was also born 5 days early. Most people guessed we were having a boy, so hearing "It's a girl" was a very exciting surprise!!!

Miss Clara Clark was born rather quickly at 12:24pm today, Aug. 13th. She weighed the same as Izzy did at 8 lbs, 4 oz, but they do not look very similar. Both have/had a head of dark hair, but Clara's face is very different from Izzy's newborn face. Clara's full name is Clara Elizabeth Clark.

We arrived here at about 10:45am, were in the delivery room just before 11am, and less than an hour and a half later Clara was screaming at the top of her lungs! I had my water broken and pushed 3 times total. I did have some medicine to take the edge off the contractions, but no time for an epidural if I'd needed it. ;) The nurses had me hold off on pushing after the first push cause they had to hurry and get the doctor. I loved watching Clara come into this world--what an amazing experience.

I'm a lot more comfortable with #2 and love her already. I'm sure the love will grow each day as it did with little IzzyBoots. She's currently in the nursery getting bathed. I'm looking forward to having Izzy here this afternoon to meet her little sister!

I appreciate prayers for a good recovery and look forward to having any visitors here at CMC Union or when we get back to our home this weekend. We are soooooooo excited and happy!

4 comments:

  1. YIPPPPEEEE!!!! Congrats, Clarks! I'm surprised that it's another girl, but you'll love having two together as playmates (I speak from experience ;-)! Glad all went well, and we look forward to meeting little Clara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. does she look like me? ;)
    tess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Cannot wait to see pictures of sweet Clara! I love the name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so happy for you! Your second labor sounds alot like mine! I'm glad things went so smoothly! Can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete